Friday, February 22, 2013

Day One - Week One

Here we go!! First, I want to ask for your prayers. This study is way out of my comfort zone in so many ways! I know God is going to do some awesome things through the next few weeks! Being a submissive wife had not even been a blip on my radar until just a couple of years ago. God has been working on me and my heart and it has been hard, but well worth it.

I want to start by first focusing on one of the main scripture passages in this book mentioned in Chapter 1. It's the verses everyone thinks of when we hear the word submit. Please read this passage today and study it using the SOAP method. Really think about it today. Meditate on it throughout the day. Here is the verse and also the definition of the word "submit."

Ephesians 5:22-24 NIV
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

submit [ suhb-mit ]
verb (used with object) 1. to give over or yield to the power or authority of another (often used reflexively). 2. to subject to some kind of treatment or influence. 3. to present for the approval, consideration, or decision of another or others: to submit a plan; to submit an application. (from dictionary.reference.com)

Please share any of your thoughts or observations with us today.

Lord, I pray you will work in us and through us as we begin this new study. Speak to our hearts and give us wisdom and guidance. I pray we will take what we learn and apply it to our daily lives. And we will give you all of the glory, honor and praise. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment