Sunday, March 10, 2013

Equip Me Lord! I'm Domestically Challenged!

Domestically Challenged.  That's a nice way of putting it.  I love to cook, but I don't like cleaning up the aftermath.  I can be organized about some things and a clutter bug about other things.  Cleaning?  Definitely not my strong suit.  Oh, I can clean.  And when I do, I do the job right.  A clean house really goes a long way in setting the mood for the overall household.  I'm more relaxed and so is the hubby.  For me, it's just a matter of starting.  When I take a look at a room and it seems completely daunting, I go into overwhelmed mode to the point of shutting down.  I don't know where to start!

My only comfort in all of this is I know I am not the only one.  Just Google the words "domestically challenged" and the results are endless.  There are a ton of sites talking about it and offering up their ideas to combat this "affliction." 

Darlene tells us in Chapter Six that she is domestically challenged.  She was able to "find direction in lists, schedules and a few trusted recipes" with "years of practice" to get to where she is today.  Her encouragement to us is that God equips those He has called.  No matter what He has called us to do, he will equip us to do the job and do it well.  It doesn't have to be a job using our God-given talent or gifts that come naturally to us.  God can use the weak to do some powerful, mighty things!  He can turn this domestically challenged girl into a cleaning machine.  I just have to be open and willing.  Here are some passages to reflect on today.  Equip us Lord to glorify you in all we do.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NIV
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Proverbs 3:5 NIV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

Psalm 37:4-6 NIV
Take delight in the Lord,and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lordtrust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment